Its my big four-O this month 🙁 so I’ve decided to treat myself to a new mountain bike, and I’m going to make sure I get some use out of it, by this time next year I’m going to be fit!
I spent a few weeks looking at all the bikes available in the price range that I wanted to spend and I decided on the new 2011 model of the Cube Ltd Race, and what a bike, I’m well pleased with it.
- Alu Superlite: Extremely high tensile strength 7005 aluminium alloy requires heat treatment. Its developed for the highest requirements, very stiff and fatigue resistant, corrosion resistant, nonshearing; double butted which makes it suitable for very light tube-sets with a high level of stiffness.
- RFR Geometry: Our bicycles with RFR-geometry stand out by their sports character. The riding characteristics, rider comfort and rider safety in particular are taken in account for each individual bike category.
- FSS Frame Save System: To protect our high-end aluminium frames, they are built with the CUBE Frame Save System replaceable derailleur hanger. The thread is in the hanger and not in the frame as usual. In case of a crash, this hanger can be easily and quickly replaced by a new one.
- One Piece Design: Joints in high-quality aluminium frames are specially finished via this method and so create the impression of seamless tube design. This generates the visual effect of molding and ensures high load-bearing capacity.
- Frame: Alu Superlite AMF 7005 Double Butted, RFR-Geometry
- Fork: Fox 32 F100 RL ALPS OB, 100mm, Lockout
- Headset: FSA NO. 10 semi-integrated
- Stem: Easton EA30, Oversized
- Handlebar: Easton EA30 Lowriser Oversized
- Grips: CUBE Double Duometer
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT RD-M773 Shadow 10-speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano SLX FD-M660-10, Top Swing, 34.9mm, 10-speed
- Shifters: Shimano SLX SL-M660-10 Rapidfire-Plus, 10-speed
- Brakes: Formula RX hydr. discbrake (180/160mm)
- Cranks: Shimano FC-M552 2-Piece 42x32x24T, 175mm, integrated BB 3×10 speed
- Cassette: Shimano CS-HG81 11-36T, 10-speed
- Chain: Shimano CN-HG74 10-speed, 108 links
- Tires: Schwalbe Rapid Rob Performance 2.25
- Rims: Sunringlé Ryde XMB wheelset
- Front hub: Sunringlé Ryde XMB wheelset
- Rear hub: Sunringlé Ryde XMB wheelset
- Spokes: Sunringlé Ryde XMB wheelset
- Inner Tube: Impac AV14
- Rim Tape: Schwalbe 22-559
- Pedals: Fasten Alu
- Seat: RFR Natural Shape 0.2 M
- Seatpost: RFR Complight 31,6mm
- Seatclamp: Scape Varioclose 34.9mm
- Weight: 11.9kg
Below are a few pictures of my new baby 🙂